Jon Mulveys Rockethouse
Recently completed his second South Pacific Tour – November 2010; returning to Australia, New Zealand and Japan for clinic and performance tour – April 2011.
Jon Mulvey, born in Los Angeles, Cal. started playing guitar at 7 with formal classical and jazz guitar training at 11, he then toured internationally at 15 opening for the top tier artists. After coming to the bay area to finish a degree in music composition, Jon -
• Was accepted as a student by Joe Satriani and studied with Joe for over 3 years.
• Extensive session experience performing or engineering over 1500 recordings.
• Was instrumental in all facets of Mingus for 10 years with Dorian Mingus, son of the great Jazz Bassist/Composer Charles Mingus and produced, engineered and recorded three records on the Debut Label.
• Was a partner in Catastrophe Music Label selling over 250.000 units world wide. He also engineered the Catastrophe Music releases.
• Formed TwoHearts Entertainment with Deborah Yates a full service label, entertainment and production company.
Besides his solo work, Jon has three projects, Vortex Tribe (world fusion band) and Due Cuori (flute/guitar duet) and Jon Mulvey's Rockethouse. He was the lead guitarist of Cat Mclean's band for 10 years and performs all the guitar solo work on her records. Recently, he has performed with or as support of Joe Satriani, Jeff Beck, Peter Frampton, The Tubes, Robin Trower, Montrose, Heart, AC/DC, The Radiators, Tina Turner.